InDesign CS5: Selecting Multi-State Objects
With the addition of multi-state objects in InDesign, selecting objects gets slightly more complicated. Fortunately, InDesign provides many visual cues to let you know what, exactly, you have selected. Take a look at the screen shots and compare the differences.
The Multi-State is selected: Click on the object and the multi-state object is selected.
- The object outline is thicker and longer dashed.
- The Animation Panel indicates the object name.
- The Object States Layer has both text and icon displays.
The object state is selected: Click on one of the states, and the object state is selected.
- The object outline changes.
- The Animation panel indicates that a state of the object is selected.
- The Object States panel also has text and graphic icon indications.
The object in state is selected: With one of the states selected, switch to the Direct selection tool, and the object in state will be selected.