There’s a new tool for path drawing, and it’s called the Curvature Tool. I don’ t know if it’s because I’m so used to the pen tool, but this tool feels a bit weird to me. But basically, instead of straightlines being the default, curve lines are the default. you can still draw straight lines, but it takes a bit more work to do so (double click or alt click to change the type of anchor point it’s supposed to be). overall i found it to work pretty well, but it seems to have trouble drawing loops!
Also, if i select a loop (drawn with the pen tool) and with the curvature tool, once i click on the anchor point, it immediately changes it to a normal curve instead!
- click to place anchor points
- Illustrator connects points with curves
- Double click / alt click to change the next anchor point to a straight point
- hover back at previous points to edit
- esc/cmd click to exit tool