Create a Vector Screenshot with Illustrator (Create Object Mosaic)
Use the Object Mosaic function in Illustrator to create a vector screenshot! (you can also upscale in Photoshop using Nearest Neighbor) or Flash apparently has a trace bitmap function too).
- Object > Create Object Mosaic…
- Current size is the current dimensions of your selected image
- Make sure New size and Number of tiles have the same number
- When you click OK, Illustrator will create one mosaic tile for each pixel, so you have a perfect 1 to 1 sampling.
- Note: It took my computer A LONG TIME to run this process. It’s very slow.