Fireworks: Compound Shapes
Compound Shape controls in Fireworks is found in an object’s Properties panel, instead of having a panel of it’s own. What’s really nice about Fireworks’ compound shape tool is that you can create the shape as you draw (like Photoshop) or combine/subtract shapes after the fact (like Illustrator).
To make a compound shape as you draw
- Draw your initial shape.
- Select a compound path mode from the properties panel.
- Draw your additional shapes.
- The newly drawn shapes will automatically be created as part of a compound shape.
To make separate shapes into compound shapes
- Select the multiple shapes with the selection tool.
- Click on the copound shape mode you want.
- The shapes will be combined into a compound shape.