Home > Adobe, InDesign, Typography > InDesign: Globally Add Indent-To-Here to Your Bullets with GREP Find/Change
InDesign: Globally Add Indent-To-Here to Your Bullets with GREP Find/Change
I was talking about the Indent to Here character and how awesome it is for bullet lists, and I said you might as well put one in in every bullet. So how would we actually make that happen? A quick GREP find/change of course!
- I asked grep to find [location>beginning of paragraph][wild card > any character] ^.
- I ask grep to replace with [other>indent to her][found text] ~!$0
- for Find Format, I tell InDesign to only find my bullet lists (applied with a paragraph style)
- Essentially, it finds the beginning of every bullet list paragraph, and adds an Indent to Here character.
- Save your query if you are as proud of me as I am!