Making The One Ring with Illustrator
I saw a picture of The One Ring on a blog post about the top 100 nerd quotes, and it didn’t seem that hard to hack one together using Illustrator.
- For the ring, make circle, use 3D Transform. The settings are in the screenshot. This part is simple.
- For the text, create a circle and set the type with Type on a Path
- I’m not on my Mac. I have no Zafino. I HAD to use Comic Sans.
- Type > Type on a Path > Skew creates the effect of the text wrapping around the circle.
- The inner engraving and the outer engraving didn’t quite line up, so I made it in 2 halves.
- Throw the engraving on the ring, add some outer glow, create a shadow, and you’ve forged The One Ring.
- The Illustrator file can be found here.